Starting in January 2018, I began publishing Income Reports on my blog, Root + Revel. If you’ve been following along, you may remember that in my very first year of blogging (2016), I made just $6,500. In 2017, I went full-time with R+R and I earned $75,000. And in year 3, I made $150,000 (AND I took a whopping 4 months off for maternity leave that year). By January 2019, I had my first $20,000+ month… from my freakin’ blog! And now I am on a mission to become a 7-figure entrepreneur by 2021.
I know sharing my income with you might seem a little crazy, but let me explain.
And they’ve inspired me so much, not only to know what’s possible in the world of blogging as a business, but also with their incredible ideas and generosity in sharing their mistakes and successes along the way.
And now, I want to return the favor. I have something valuable to share about making money online, something that I hope will help you learn how to make money doing something you love, something that lights you up every day and makes you excited to get to work, something you’re passionate about, something that impacts others for the better, something you can do from your couch in your jammies or on a beach in the Caribbean or at a desk in a co-working space at whatever dang time you please because YOU’RE YOUR OWN BOSS.
Please know, the goal of these income reports is not to brag or show off or pat myself on the back (though it’s always a good idea to celebrate your own successes, too!). Rather, my goal with these income reports is three-fold:
- to help anyone interested in starting a blog learn the ropes and find inspiration and motivation to be successful and change your life, whether that’s simply finding an outlet for your passion, improving your financial situation by making some extra money, or finally quitting your job and making six figures working for yourself. I hope that by sharing my own journey, my transparency and story might help you to achieve your dreams.
- to show fellow skeptics (hi, I used to be one of you when I was a full-time journalist who wrote for real publications and turned my nose up at bloggers who were running their blogs without integrity, transparency and a business mindset) that it IS possible to make money online and to do so while keeping your soul intact.
- to help myself. Yes, I’ll admit it. I do have some selfish motivation for publishing these income reports. Because quite honestly, it’s a great opportunity for me to reflect on my business, to look back and see what worked and what didn’t, to learn from my mistakes and to track my achievements.
I’ve been self-employed for nearly a decade at this point, but since I began blogging full-time in January of 2017, my life has exponentially improved.
I’m finally writing the stories that I want to tell, I’m finally helping others to live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives, and I’m doing it ALL on my own terms.
I’m so proud and happy to report that life is so much better now that I’m truly my own boss and a full-time blogger. I look forward to each and every day–I wake up excited to work, I’m always learning something new and I love the challenge of running your own business, constantly coming up with new ways to monetize and help people, simultaneously.
Check out all of our income reports below:
- Blog Income Report: $15,167.70 in October 2019
- Q3 Income Report: When Things Don’t Go As Planned
- Q2 2019 Income Report: $40,409.69
- My March 2019 Income Report: $16,296.14
- My February 2019 Monthly Income Report: $11,271.39
- 2018 Income Report: HOW I MADE $150,000 BLOGGING IN YEAR 3
- My January 2019 Monthly Income Report: $20,764.65
- How I Made $58,000 While On Maternity Leave: A Q4 Income Report
- My August 2018 Monthly Income Report: $15,753.29
- MY JULY 2018 MONTHLY INCOME REPORT: $13,729.67
- My June 2018 Monthly Income Report: $13,560.73
- My May 2018 Monthly Income Report: $13,143.92
- My April 2018 Monthly Income Report: $8,276.08
- MY MARCH 2018 MONTHLY INCOME REPORT: $9,214.45
- MY FEBRUARY 2018 MONTHLY INCOME REPORT: $10,243.05
- My January 2018 Monthly Income Report: $7,522.62
- Income Report: How I Made $75,000 Blogging in Year 2