Social selling is a marketing strategy where you utilize personal connections and genuine conversations in the DMs on social media to convert leads into sales. Learn how to use this strategy to skyrocket your revenue!
What is Social Selling?
Struggling with lead generation and sales for your programs, courses, or services?
Social selling is where it’s at!
Social selling is selling your programs, courses, or services over social media, primarily in the Direct Messages (DMs). Instead of the traditional sales call model, it’s having conversations that convert right in the DMs on any social media platform.
DMs are efficient for getting clients because it gives you a more direct and uncomplicated avenue for communication, where you can provide value, personally connect, and authentically serve your prospective clients, warming them up into a sale. Social selling benefits include an increased number of leads, improved conversion rate, and shorter sales cycles–yes please! In fact, a recent social selling study of more than 45,000 sales reps and 200 companies found that:
- For every $1 invested in social selling, the ROI is $5
- Sales reps who use social selling find on average 45% more opportunities
- Social selling helps best-in-class companies achieve a 16% gain in year-over-year revenue (that’s four times better than companies that don’t use social selling!)
Convinced yet? Get ready to learn how to use this powerful strategy in your online business!
My guest today, Lattice Hudson, is a business coach, leadership mentor, and social sales expert. Lattice is on a mission to help women make more money, increase their impact all while living a life that they love since “a woman with wealth, is a woman with power”.
Lattice specializes in helping online coaches scale past that coveted six-figure mark by leveraging high ticket evergreen group coaching offers. In her free time, she enjoys relaxing on the beach, dancing to the latest TikTok trend, and investing in digital real estate online!
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- How to overcome mental and energetic blocks around money
- Why high-ticket group coaching is the best route to grow BOTH your business revenue and your impact!
- How to navigate accessibility while still maintaining a profitable business
- How to successfully use a free Facebook group as lead generation
- How to sell and convert clients in the DMs on social media, while still being authentic and coming from service
- How to handle the common objection of “I can’t afford it”
Subscribe and Review
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Success with Soul Podcast on Apple Podcasts so we can improve and better serve you in the future. Plus, you could be featured on a future episode during our listener spotlights. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts to get automatic updates. My goal for this podcast is to inspire those who seek flexibility and freedom in their lives by making something happen with holistic, soulful, step-by-step strategies from me and other experts.
Links + Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Content marketing is one part of my six-part framework in the Success with Soul Incubator. When you apply, you’ll learn my entire framework, and be invited to a private advanced level training where you’ll learn exactly how to scale to $50K a month, on autopilot – without live launching paid ads, social media, or selling your soul. The application only takes five minutes and there’s no obligation to enroll. So go ahead and apply today!
- Brand spanking new to online business? I’ve got a free video series that I want to invite you to called How to Start your Blog from Scratch the Right Way. Watch it here!
- You Are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero
- Join Lattice’s free Facebook group for a safe space for all womxn coaches who want to feel safe, seen, and heard and are ready to level up and create wealth.
- Follow Lattice on Instagram @LatticeHudson and visit her website
- Follow me on Instagram @katekordsmeier and @rootandrevel
- 060: How to Pay Yourself + Get Out of Entrepreneurial Poverty with Racheal Cook
- 038: How to Make Time for Your Dreams Round Table
- 036: How to use Instagram DMs to Grow Your Business with Molly Cahill
- 024: The Benefits of Membership Websites & Creating Recurring Revenue With Kate Northrup
More Ways to Enjoy Success with Soul
- Download on Apple Podcasts
- Email me new episodes
- Don’t forget to join our free Success With Soul Facebook community for follow-up conversations about the podcast episodes and where I also often go live to answer your burning questions. Hangout with like-minded bloggers and heart-centered online business owners exchanging priceless feedback, encouragement, and other golden insights from the trenches.
FAQs About Social Selling
Social selling is when sales people use social media to find and engage with new prospects. Sales people use social media to provide value to prospects by answering open-ended questions, responding to comments, and sharing content throughout the buying process until a prospect is ready to buy. While the old sales model used to be about cold calling, sales demos and qualifying leads, the new social selling sales paradigm instead uses social media networks to reach new prospects, educates them on how your company can help them grow their business, and nurtures them through content.
The key is building genuine connections and having conversations with real people. It’s more than just sharing content and hoping for the leads to pour in. You want to actually have authentic conversations that serve people and show them how you can help them reach their goals.
Lead generation is the process of attracting and converting strangers and prospects into someone who has indicated interest in your company’s product or service. When a stranger initiates a relationship with you by showing an organic interest in your business, the transition from stranger to customer is much more natural.