Welcome to The Success with Soul Podcast!
I’ve been self-employed for 11 years now and I’ll admit that creating this podcast has been one of the most exciting ventures I’ve taken on… EVER, including publishing a cookbook, getting bylines in Travel + Leisure and Forbes, and building a six-figure blog from scratch.
Despite having what (on paper) looked like a dream job (fashion copywriter for one of the world’s most luxurious brands), I was miserable in my corporate career. After four months, I quit to start a freelance writing business, even though my friends and family thought I was crazy.
But in less than six months, I had doubled my income and spent the next 8 years traveling the world and reporting on the most delicious food for national magazines and newspapers. But eventually, being on the road and reporting to a slew of cranky editors with diminishing budgets started taking a toll on my health… I knew that I needed to pivot once again.
So at the end of 2015, I started a holistic wellness blog called Root + Revel, sharing about the healing I found from taking a mind, body, soul approach to my health, my business, and my life.
Fast forward to today and I now run a multi-six figure blog and online business where…
I’m getting ahead of myself. I know my resume isn’t actually a best-seller – so let’s flip the script.
I brought on my dear friend, Suzi Swope from Gurl Gone Green, to help me share my journey in the form of a soulful conversation between friends. Suzi is a mom of three, a super successful clean living blogger, and a green beauty expert. Suzi has been a beautiful source of love and light in my life, and I know she’ll be the same for you.
Since this is our very first episode, I thought it apropos to allow you to get to know the face behind this podcast a bit better.
Let’s get started!
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The transition from corporate copywriter to freelance journalist to full-time blogger, and how to pivot your business as you grow and evolve
- The birth of my blog Root + Revel and my course The Six-Figure Blog Academy (plus, who it’s for and how it can help you turn your blog into a profitable business!)
- A day in the life of two six-figure bloggers (Suzi and me!)
- The three main ways I monetize my blog – and how you too can make money blogging
- How I balance motherhood with running my own business, and make time for self-care
Subscribe and Review
Thanks so much for joining me this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Success with Soul Podcast on Apple Podcasts so we can improve and better serve you in the future. Plus, you could be featured on a future episode during our listener spotlights. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts to get automatic updates. My goal for this podcast is to inspire those who seek flexibility and freedom in their lives by making something happen with holistic, soulful, step-by-step strategies from me and other experts.
Links + Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
My blog: Root + Revel
My course: The Six-Figure Blog Academy
My workshop: How to Finally Start a Blog Workshop
Connect with Suzi:
Traction by Gino Wickman
More Ways to Enjoy Success with Soul
- Email me new episodes
- Don’t forget to join our free Success With Soul Facebook community for follow-up conversations about the podcast episodes and where I also often go live to answer your burning questions. Hangout with like-minded bloggers and heart-centered online business owners exchanging priceless feedback, encouragement, and other golden insights from the trenches.