Our small but mighty team is growing once again and we can’t wait to have you join us as our Marketing Assistant! Interested? Keep reading!
KateKordsmeier.com (KK) is a rapidly growing business that empowers their women with actionable advice and inspirational content to help them make their dreams of being their own boss and building their own online business a reality. There’s a blog component, a podcast (Success with Soul) and an online course, the Six Figure Blog Academy. KK also has a sister company, Root + Revel, a holistic wellness blog. Our teams work cross-functionally between all three of these.
We are looking for a Virtual Marketing Assistant (VMA) to partner with our Director of Operations to drive sales and deepen relationships through social media management, affiliate program ownership, public relations, and customer service. This role is an integrated, core function of our team. We anticipate our VMA to have previous marketing and/or sales experience as well as online business knowledge.
- POSITION: Virtual Marketing Assistant
- COMPANY: Kate Kordsmeier (there are multiple brands and products under KK which include Root + Revel and Six Figure Blog Academy)
- REPORTING TO: Director of Operations
- STATUS: Independent Contractor, up to 20 hours per week
- LOCATION: Atlanta, Georgia is preferred (within 60 miles); primary remote work arrangement with occasional in-person attendance
- START DATE: April 20, 2020
- APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH: April 7, 2020
Real talk: This position and the founder (Kate) have high expectations.
But if you’re the person I’m looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.
You’ll be great in this position if you…
- Are familiar with the business model of bloggers.
- Have an artistic skillset that includes creating graphics in Canva.
- Have marketed on the Pinterest platform utilizing Tailwind.
- Have been a part of businesses that leverage affiliate programs to market their products.
- Cultivate strong relationships and easily communicate value propositions. This role is responsible for generating relationships that want to affiliate with our brand.
- Have public relations experience to secure new podcasts and media features to increase backlinks, grow our presence and establish Kate as an industry expert.
- You are an effective communicator – proactive in outreach, professional in delivery.
- Enjoy communicating with clients by managing inboxes. You are committed to the success of our business so much so that you proactively respond to reader comments on our social channels. If you don’t have the answer, you find it.
- Are a self-starter, eager to take initiative and anticipate the needs of the team, affiliate relationships, customers, and readers.
- Have no problem picking up the phone to deepen a relationship or pitch our brand.
- Have a history of following through and closing the loop of assignments.
- Prefer a team environment over an individual contributor role.
- Take initiative on needs and don’t give up until it’s satisfactorily completed, even if it’s slightly out of your scope. All hands on deck is the team atmosphere you prefer.
- Pride yourself on being resourceful. Before asking a question, you naturally look for ways to find the answer independently.
- Have a positive, high-energy attitude and “get it done” mindset that searches for solutions instead of focusing on struggles are essential. You think about your work in terms of outcomes and results, not hours worked.
- Prefer working in a supportive role, rather than being the owner/CEO/visionary/face of the business. This is a behind-the-scenes job and you need to be comfortable without public recognition.
- Are efficient and succinct.
- Exude a high level of professionalism and emotional maturity. (We understand everyone has a personal life, but we don’t love drama).
- Technology comes naturally. You don’t have to be a pro or coder-type, but a general understanding of online tools would make us a good combo.
- Inherently compassionate, empathetic and truly want to help others
- Can handle tight deadlines, last-minute requests, and quick changes
- Take ownership and pride in your work, whether you’re doing high-level projects or more tedious administrative tasks (there will be a mix of both!)
- Work during the hours of 10-4 EST and have dedicated childcare (if necessary) so you can focus and be available for calls during work hours.
- Prefer to work in an honest, candid environment; Have thick skin that can handle direct, honest feedback, be coachable with no ego and course-correct when needed.
- Have a little woo in your life. We talk about cycle syncing, working with the phases of the moon, manifesting and the law of attraction, etc. Skeptics need not apply.
- Prioritize self-care, movement, nature, healthy food, relationships, mindfulness and spirituality into your life.
Social Media Management
- Create social media images using Canva – to be posted on Pinterest, Instagram, IG Stories, and other platforms.
- Schedule Pinterest pins to tribes, group boards and Smart Loop on Tailwind.
- Perform keyword research for Pinterest.
- Gather and monitor data and trends to add strategic value to our social presence strategy.
- Stay apprised of industry-specific trends as related to social media.
- Contribute to social media strategy.
Affiliate Program Management
- Research potential affiliates.
- Locate appropriate contacts – name, title, contact information.
- Outreach by phone, email, message or other means to gather interest from leads.
- Create collateral to educate and inform partners of The Six Figure Blog Academy and our other digital products.
- Nurture dozens of relationships simultaneously with appropriate follow up and hyper-personalized communication (not mass emails).
- Track engagement of affiliate program leads and report to leaders.
- Keep records of program metrics.
- Expand the strategy of our program.
- New affiliates bring in a minimum of 4 sales to 6FBA monthly.
- Create outreach campaigns to grow KKs presence, exposure, and expertise.
- Secure media features with online outlets.
- Pitch various podcasts for Kate to be featured on.
- Develop and distribute materials for PR purposes.
- Respond to reader and customer emails, taking ownership of customer (and prospective customer) issues and follow problems through to resolution with the intention of increasing conversions, satisfaction, loyalty, and retention.
- Become familiar with our business so you can independently respond to customers.
- Manage multiple inboxes and respond to customers within 24 business hours.
Our Team Values
Want to know a bit more what we’re all about? You’ll fit in well with our team if you value the following:
Confidence: Why Not Us?
- We dream big and don’t let fear hold us back
- Positive Inspiration, Friendly, Lifting People Up, Believing in Ourselves and Our Students/Readers
Growth-Oriented: Always striving for realistic perfection and excellence
- The company’s success is your success
- Hungry for achievement and success
Integrity: We Actually Care and Always Do The Right Thing
- Accountability: We do what we say we’re going to do and follow-through
Commitment: No matter what, we find a way
- We’re resourceful and dedicated and make shit happen
- We’re always willing to help and jump in wherever needed
Always Learning: Interested in continuous self-improvement
- Professional and personal development
- We take courses, read books, listen to podcasts, attend conferences and do what it takes to always be learning new skills and improving ourselves
Fun + Creative: When you love your work, it doesn’t feel like work
- There’s a playfulness to our work
- We have a family dynamic on our team
Radical Candor: We care personally and challenge directly
- Open dialogue with respect, honesty, and empathy
- We receive feedback graciously and are never defensive
Our Core Focus
- Purpose/Cause/Passion: Serving and inspiring with holistic solutions
- Our Niche: Approachable resources that help people live their best lives
Read our story here.
Team R+R Perks
Did we forget to mention all of the KK Team perks? While we strive to always work from a place of rest, we are RAPIDLY growing with a goal of hitting 7 figures (as in $1 million dollars in revenue!) by 2021. But we can’t do it without you! Our small but mighty team is full of talented and motivated individuals who actually enjoy going to work every day. But these awesome perks and benefits help just a little too:
- Competitive compensation with room to grow, bonus commissions and annual raises based on performance
- Complete autonomy–I don’t care when, where or how you work, so long as you get the job done. Now, responding to team messages during the day would be important though.
- Forget the traditional corporate culture. Kate only lasted 4 months in it for a reason, and KK’s culture couldn’t be more opposite–no micro-managing, no “working” just to look busy, no clocking in and out, no asking for time off to go to a doctor’s appointment or pick your kid up from school or have a personal life. No need to apologize or ask permission. I don’t even need to know the details! I’m not paying for seat warmers. There is no such thing as being late to work (although there is such a thing as missing deadlines). You’re not a child who needs to be watched and constantly told what to do. You choose how you get your work done. Your time is yours, so long as the work gets done and the clients are happy.
- A group of co-workers that’s more like a family–we really like each other and talk often about so much more than just work. We are here to support each other and often get together in-person, whether it’s for happy hours, team trips or a friendly phone call or video chat. We even take professional and personal development courses together, attend conferences and workshops together and prioritize learning and genuine connection. We like to work hard and play hard!
- While taking care of business, we like to take care of our community and the environment too! Kate will match up to $500 per year of any monetary donations you make to charity.
- Full-time employees will have the potential for Health Benefits and 401k matching in 2020.
APPLY HERE prior to April 7, 2020.